“Refreshing” aptly describes the sentiments of visitors to Saskatoon; a city infused by a lively ambiance, friendly hospitality and rich, diverse cultural experiences. New attractions such as the beautiful River Landing and the Dakota Dunes Casino are testament to the buzz that is Saskatoon!
Visitors from far and wide delight in the city's beautiful parkland setting. Inviting natural riverbank parks and trails make jogging, biking and casual hikes easy and relaxing, invigorating and refreshing; right in the heart of the city. Graced by the natural splendour of the South Saskatchewan River, Saskatchewan's largest city provides convenient amenities, yet an inviting natural setting. A refreshment break is easy in Saskatoon - rejuvenate with an espresso in the trendy Broadway shopping district, delicious authentic local cuisine in one of many fine restaurants; check out the latest technology and research advancements, play a round of golf on one of the several award-winning courses, watch Shakespeare under a tent or explore 6000 years of First Nations' culture - it's all in Saskatoon!
Planning your visit is easy - call toll-free 1-800-567-2444; knowledgeable and helpful travel counsellors are waiting to help you plan your stay!!
- The Province of Saskatchewan's largest city. (Population 260,600 CMA 2011).
- There are more hours of sunshine annually than any other major Canadian city.
- Located on the Trans-Canada's Yellowhead Highway #16 - the city is centrally located - provincially.
- Saskatoon is within a short drive of a boreal forest.
- The city is known for it's beautiful parkland setting. It is graced by the natural splendor of the South Saskatchewan River.
- A four-season destination with temperatures ranging from 30°C (86°F) on the warmest summer days, to -30°C (-22°F) on the coldest winter days.
- Direct Air access available through United Airlines, Air Canada Jazz, WestJet Airlines and Northwest.
- Over 400 acres of riverbank trails and parks to explore.
- Seven bridges within city limits over the beautiful South Saskatchewan River.
- Over 6000 years of First Nations' culture celebrated on sacred ground at Wanuskewin Heritage Park.
- Exceptional museums including the Ukrainian Museum of Canada, the Diefenbaker Canada Centre, and the Western Development Museum
- Award-winning-golf courses, rated among the best in the Canada
- Professional and amateur theatre groups, a symphony and numerous art galleries
- Saskatoon's historic and unique Broadway Shopping District
- One of the North America's most beautiful campuses with its distinctive architecture; the University of Saskatchewan
- Canada's largest science project - the Canadian Light Source Synchrotron
- One of the most successful university related research parks in North America - Innovation Place
- Easy accessibility with over 3300 hotel rooms and 7 bridges to anywhere in the city.