Book Your Hotel Stay
Director of Leisure Marketing
(Full time; one-year term to cover maternity leave)
Anticipated start date: June 15, 2015
This position provides leadership in the effective marketing of Saskatoon as a leisure destination to consumers, trade and convention/event delegates.
This position also manages the Travel Trade and Visitor Services departments.
The successful individual will:
- Develop, implement and analyse an annual leisure marketing program, including all campaign development, media buying and budgeting.
- Deploy marketing metrics to efficiently allocate resources to the most rewarding initiatives.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key contacts.
- Oversee the coordination of FAM tours and site visits in the area of travel trade, and participate as needed.
- Responsible for developing promotional programs and contesting.
- Responsible for the development of key Tourism Saskatoon publications, i.e. ExploreYXE Guide, Hot Times, Mini-Map, brochures, etc.
- Represent Tourism Saskatoon at travel trade marketplaces.
- Responsible for the Tourism Saskatoon website, including mobile site and microsites.
- Oversee team of Summer Experience Experts.
Characteristics, skills, and education:
- Six years' experience in marketing and/or tourism or a combination of experience and a certificate, diploma, or degree in a marketing or tourism related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current marketing and project management concepts and practices.
- A minimum of two years management experience.
Travel is required
Please submit your resume in confidence by Thursday, April 30, 2015 to:
By Mail: 101 - 202 - 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0K1