Find Hotel Availability and Rates
Tourism Saskatoon has an immediate opening for a Director of Industry Development & Sport
(Permanent, full time)
The successful individual will:
• Drive the development and expansion of Saskatoon and region's tourism industry.
• Manage our relationship, lobby and advocate with the three levels of government
• Secure corporate support and investments.
• Advance Tourism Saskatoon's membership program by encouraging businesses to become Tourism Saskatoon members.
• Manage member development and networking activities.
• Assist members in overcoming regulatory challenges and provide pathfinding for funding opportunities.
• Attend Tourism Saskatoon Board meetings and act as Vice-President of the corporation.
• Represent Tourism Saskatoon on senior industry committees.
• Provide leadership for a variety of tourism development Initiatives.
• Monitor the environment of the tourism industry to identify current and emerging issues and new developments that impact tourism and hospitality.
• Monitor City of Saskatoon Council meeting agendas for issues that impact the operations of Tourism Saskatoon and Saskatoon Sports Tourism.
• Manage the Product Development funding program.
• Ensure long-term sustainability of events that support the members through leadership, consultation and follow through.
• Manage Saskatoon Sports Tourism including acquiring financial support and personnel.
• Ensure that Saskatoon Sports Tourism is aligning with the vision of Tourism Saskatoon and representing the organization in the sports market.
Characteristics, skills, and education:
• Six years' senior management experience in the tourism industry including product development or marketing.
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry best practices and project management concepts.
By Mail: 101 - 202 - 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0K1
Please submit your resume in confidence by Wednesday, February 15, 2017 to:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Only those being interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.)