Book Your Hotel Stay
Tourism Saskatoon has an opening for
Director of Media
Core duties include:
• Responsible for local media, travel media and social media.
• Develop annual campaign plans and manage the media program budget.
• Track and valuate media coverage.
• Create reports for media relations activity and results.
• Analyze results and evaluate effectiveness of media programs.
• Manage the planning, writing and distribution of news releases.
• Host travel media on site visits.
• Attend media marketplaces and send out follow-up appointments and other media leads.
• Oversee, plan and/or develop collateral materials, website content, media kits, news releases and other media tools and communications.
Your credentials include:
• A minimum of six years' of experience in communications, media relations, public relations, or a combination of experience and a degree or certification in a communications related field.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Excellent project management experience and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of travel industry.
Regular travel will be required. Irregular works hours are occasionally required.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Angela Wallman by Friday, December 19:
By Mail: 101 - 202 4th Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0K1
(Note: Only those being interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.)