Tourism Saskatoon wins tourism marketing award
Tourism Saskatoon and members honoured at provincial tourism gala
SASKATOON, SK - April 11, 2014 - Tourism Saskatoon is honoured to be the winner of the Gil Carduner Marketing Award (budget over $20,000) at the 25th Annual Saskatchewan Tourism Awards of Excellence, held Thursday evening at TCU Place. The organization received the award for the Saskatoon Experience Pass.
Tourism Saskatoon launched the Experience Pass in 2013, offering special incentives to experience various festivals, events, attractions and shopping experiences throughout the city. It is available to hotel guests who request it at the time of booking. Guests receive one pass for each night of their stay. The Experience Pass includes participation from over 20 local hotels, as well as various festivals, events and attractions.
"The Experience Pass would not have been successful without the enthusiasm of our participating hotels, events and attractions," said Todd Brandt, President & CEO of Tourism Saskatoon. "We are grateful for their efforts in promoting our destination."
The campaign promoting the Saskatoon Experience Pass was integrated and multi-layered, using a combination of television, radio, print, digital, social media and outdoor, as well as earned media. The launch of the pass was met with much excitement and public attention. People were thrilled to learn that this promotion was now available, giving them extra incentive to visit Saskatoon, stay overnight and experience everything the city has to over. More than 1,000 passes were requested during the 2013 summer and 2013/2014 winter Experience Pass campaigns. The summer 2014 edition will be available at participating hotels from May 10 to August 31. A full list of upcoming offers and hotels can be found at www.tourismsaskatoon.com/visit/saskatoonexperiencepass.
Tourism Saskatoon is proud to acknowledge its members that were also finalists at the Saskatchewan Tourism Awards of Excellence:
• Batoche National Historic Site - Winner, Service Excellence Award (Individual)
• Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon - Winner, Human Resources Development Award
• Waskesiu & Area Wilderness Region - Winner, Gil Carduner Marketing Award (Budget under $20,000)
• Meewasin Valley Authority - Winner, Land of Living Skies Award
• Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority - Winner, Business of the Year Award (Over 50 full-time employees)
• Hilton Garden Inn - Finalist, Service Excellence Award (Individual); Finalist, Human Resources Development Award
• Elk Ridge Resort - Finalist, Service Excellence Award (Individual)
• Adventure Destinations International - Finalist, Service Excellence Award (Business)
• Wanuskewin Heritage Park - Finalist, Online Marketing Award; Finalist, Land of the Living Skies Award
• SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - Finalist, Online Marketing Award
• Radisson Hotel Saskatoon - Finalist, Business of the Year Award (Over 50 full-time employees)
- 30 -
Director of Leisure Marketing
President & CEO
About Tourism Saskatoon
Tourism Saskatoon is a membership-based, non-profit visitor and convention bureau marketing Saskatoon and region as a destination of choice for leisure and business travel. Services include convention and events attraction, media relations, membership services, and advocacy. Tourism Saskatoon is proud to be an internationally accredited destination marketing organization. A place of unexpected surprise and discovery, Saskatoon provides visitors from near and far with the opportunity to experience the unforgettable. Where prairie skies meet urban parkland, Saskatoon is host to unique and captivating events, attractions and natural treasures, just waiting to be explored. With an open heart and vibrant energy, Saskatoon welcomes the world. For more information, visit www.tourismsaskatoon.com.