Book Your Hotel Stay
Saskatoon is the ideal location and destination for your next convention or event. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Saskatoon is Saskatchewan's largest city (Population 260,600 CMA 2011).
- In 2010, Saskatoon won the Tower Award for City of the Year.
- Saskatoon has 800,000 square feet of convention/event space and over 3,800 hotel rooms.
- Saskatoon ranks number one in Midwest North America for overall cost competitiveness (2008).
- The Saskatoon region is considered to have one of the most diversified economies in Western Canada.
- There are six dominant industries in the region including mining and energy, manufacturing, transportation, life sciences, construction and agriculture.
- Saskatoon is one of the top biotechnology centres in the world, attracting over thirty percent of all biotechnology research spending in Canada.
- Saskatchewan’s resources include oil, gas, and diamonds. Saskatchewan is also the home to the world’s largest producers of potash and uranium.
- The University of Saskatchewan campus is home to the Canadian Light Source, which is the largest scientific project completed in Canada in over fifty years. The 179 million dollar project resulted in a national synchrotron radiation facility that is used for a wide range of world-class scientific research.
- Saskatoon is home to Innovation Place, an eighty-acre science park staffing over 2000 employees. This area houses 130 organizations in the eighteen buildings and contributes to approximately $240 million a year to the Saskatoon’s economy.
- Saskatoon is home to the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO), which is a global leader in researching the diseases that afflict animal and human health.
E-NEWSLETTER SIGN UP