PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon SK S7K 3G8
The 3 sustainability-oriented actions that we're proud to have incorporated in our workplace are:
1. Saskatoon Cycle bike valet to encourage cycling
2. City of Saskatoon interactive recycling exhibition
3. "Green Team" volunteers keep the park clean
Comments: We try to incorporate sustainability into our program, but it has never been made a priority. As the Festival grows to fit our evolving community, environmental sustainability needs to become a priority for us.
The three actions that we intend to introduce in the next 12 months are:
1. Lorras recycling bins on the Festival site
2. Re-useable water bottle for volunteers
3. Hands-On art activity made from natural materials (art for the earth, from the earth)
Comments: We are especially excited about our Community Mandala "Hands-On" art project, where we will make a giant community-built Mandala made from all natural materials (leaves, flowers, etc.) so kids can learn that the process of making art is just as important as having a physical product that you can keep.
The three actions that we intend to introduce in the next 2-4 years are:
1. Entirely reusable site decorations
2. Food vendors that use biodegradable dishes and utensils
3. A "shuttle bus" system to people do not drive their cars to the Festival
Comments: We would like to transition to have non-disposable decorations, as we invest in decorations that we can reuse from year to year.