Wanuskewin Heritage Park
Saskatoon SK S7K 3J7
The three sustainability-oriented actions that we are most proud to have incorporated in our workplace are:
1. New energy efficient lighting and windows
2. New boiler system which is more efficient
3. Reduction of paper products in restaurant including biodegradable utensils
The three actions that we intend to introduce in the next 12 months are:
1. We have been recycling bottles and paper products but can do a better job of this going forward and something we will focus on more in coming months. Tumblers rather than paper cups in the restaurant.
2. Reduction in print materials for marketing department
3. Light timers in all outdoor lighting around the park
The three actions that we intend to introduce in the next 2-4 years are:
1. Geothermal and solar energy plus rain water reuse in the upcoming expansion to our facility
2. We are stewards of the land so part of the next phase of redevelopment is to reseed some of the city owned land back to natural grasslands and establish and an ecopark themed trails and outdoor activities.
3. Extending the MVA trail to Wanuskewin to encourage more bike and foot traffic to the park.
- Gluten Free options:
- Bus Parking:
- Price Range: less than $15
- Private Rooms:
- Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Wanuskewin Heritage Park Meeting Facility
Wanuskewin Heritage Park is located 5 minutes from Saskatoon, and offers guests a truly unique and rich cultural experience. The Park Interpretive Center features five meeting rooms totaling 3,963 square feet. Of those five rooms, three open to form one large room totaling 2,394 square feet removing the movable walls. Meeting rooms can accommodate groups of 10 up to 150 people. The Interpretive Center sits on top of the Opimihaw valley, and features floor to ceiling windows which allow for breathtaking views of our natural wonders. Wanuskewin offers a full catering menu from our on-site restaurant, which features a fusion of traditional and contemporary First Nations foods. The Park also offers a variety of A/V amenities including Wi-Fi, projectors and Smartboards.
Outside the park contains over 6 km of hiking trails, as well as an outdoor amphitheater that can hold up to 350 people, complete with electricity and a full sound system.
All room rentals include park entry fees, DVD presentation, access to the art galleries, cultural exhibits, and hiking trails as well as traditional dance performances daily throughout the summer, and on weekends throughout the winter.