TOURISM SASKATOON STRATEGIC PLAN 2015 - 2019
Tourism Saskatoon released its 2015-2019 strategic plan, laying out the roadmap for increasing Saskatoon's presence as an ideal destination for business and leisure travel.
Strategic priorities of the plan include:
- Maximize return on investment to our Destination Marketing Program partners, government funding agencies and other major partners/shareholders.
- Increase recognition of the Tourism Saskatoon brand locally, and Saskatoon as an excellent host city nationally and internationally.
- Define and expand Tourism Saskatoon's role in product and policy development.
- Increase the awareness and engagement of members, shareholders and the community at large.
- Implement and market environmental stewardship by our members.
Tourism is the world’s largest industry, with international travel receipts totalling $1.159 trillion in 2013. It is attracting significant investment from new and emerging economies whose sole focus is to increase export revenues through tourism. While Canada remains a strong global destination brand, this new competition has led to a decline in our position. Canada now ranks 16th in International Tourist Arrivals where once we were a leader. This Strategic Plan will guide our efforts to prove our relevance in the global marketplace, while continuing to serve our domestic market.