Tourism Saskatoon is a membership-based, non-profit, marketing Saskatoon and region as a destination of choice for leisure and business travel. Services include convention and events attraction, media relations, and membership services advocacy. Tourism Saskatoon is one of only a handful of internationally accredited destination marketing organizations in Canada. Tourism is a core industry for the city of Saskatoon and employs many people, and Tourism Saskatoon plays a pivotal role in the continued growth of one of the city’s economic engines.
Chief Executive Officer
The CEO is responsible for supporting and implementing the direction set by the Board, including ensuring that the Strategic Plan and policies are adhered to throughout the organization. The CEO is responsible for leading the key brand marketing of the City of Saskatoon’s tourism efforts. As well, leading the Destination Marketing Program, including fully integrating metrics into current and future campaigns. All staffing decisions are ultimately the responsibility of the CEO, as is ensuring a healthy and respectful working environment.
The ideal candidate will bring:
• A minimum of ten years of world-class marketing experience and skills.
• Previous experience in destination, event or sport marketing is a must.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead through uncertain times.
• Diverse personal and professional cultural experiences and passions.
• Prior experience reporting and/or presenting to a Board is a major asset.
• Extensive advocacy and government relations experience is an asset.
• Superior relationship building and communications skills.
• Strong financial acumen and prior experience with fiduciary responsibility.
• Drive, high energy and ability to engage stakeholders.
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the continued development of Saskatoon as one of Canada’s premiere tourist destinations, please contact Ryan.
|Ryan Vanjoff||Johan Bolin|