Careers with Discover Saskatoon
Discover Saskatoon is the internationally accredited destination management organization for Saskatoon. Our innovative team of youthfully spirited adventurers are leaders in marketing and managing Saskatoon’s authentic experiences at home and around the world. We tell the story of Saskatoon so well that people worldwide will be inspired to travel to Saskatoon. We are passionate about Saskatooning! If you are too, come and join our team!
Visitor Experience Specialist
Full Time - Seasonal
Discover Saskatoon is seeking ambitious individuals with warm and welcoming spirits, and talents for providing exceptional service to join our team. If you are passionate about Saskatoon and all that this great community has to offer; are a friendly and enthusiastic communicator with an eye for sales and detailed organization, we would love to have you on our Team this season.
Discover Saskatoon is a fast-paced and fast-growing internationally accredited destination management organization. We market and manage Saskatoon’s authentic experiences at home and around the world. By telling the story of our city, we inspire people around the world to visit. Working as our Visitor Experience Specialist, you will play a key role in sharing these stories with visitors, and residents alike!
To proactively promote Saskatoon and provide exceptional service to all visitors and residents by increasing awareness of Discover Saskatoon’s Partners and Member’s in order to drive visitation and encourage longer stays and return visits.
What You’ll Do:
- Assisting visitors and residents at our Visitor Centre (in person, calls, and emails) with inquiries about Saskatoon and the area, including promotion of our Members and Partners, accommodations, events, experiences, attractions, and other tourism-related businesses and services
- Promoting Saskatoon at local festivals, events, attractions, and sites
- Promoting Saskatoon in other locations and events across Saskatchewan and potentially in other provinces.
- Selling merchandise and completing daily cash reconciliation
- Supporting vital business reporting by completing and tabulating visitor statistics, data entry, and administration
- Collection, filling, and delivering brochure orders, as needed.
- Supporting and providing operational coverage for Discover Saskatoon, as required.
- Completing other tasks and special projects, as assigned
Desired Knowledge and Competencies
- Ability to provide exceptional service with a pro-active, positive, ‘can-do’ attitude./li>
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable (or willing to learn) about Saskatoon and the area, the province, as well as summer events and attractions.
- Cash handling and sales skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows; EPOS systems (ie. Square), and Database systems (ie. CRM)
- A valid (class 5) driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Criminal Record Check
- An energetic professional with a respectful and courteous manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- An adventurous spirit, with a willingness to learn new skills and try new experiences.
- Individuals looking to pursue a career in tourism will be prioritized.
- We are hiring up to x3 Visitor Experience Specialists at $18/per hour.
- These positions are conditional based on funding from Canada Summer Jobs, and applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for these programs including that successful applicants must be between 15-30 years of age.
- The Visitor Experience Specialist is accountable to the Membership & Visitor Experience Manager
- The Visitor Experience Specialist is a temporary position from
- Full-Time contract, including stat holidays, evening, weekend, and out-of-town shifts may be required.
- Physical Effort: some lifting is required, up to 30 lbs.
- Physical Environment: based on an internal office environment, as well as an external environment.
- Travel outside of Saskatoon and Saskatchewan may be required.
- Full training and partial uniform will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to careers@Discoversaskatoon.com, with the subject: ‘Visitor Experience Specialist, Seasonal’, no later than 11.59 pm, Friday, March 24, 2023. Interviews are to take place between April 5 – 13th.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those being invited to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Any information submitted will be managed with the strictest confidentiality.