Chief Whitecap Birdwatching Tour
Enjoy a 3-hour guided birding hike through the bird-rich moist woodland habitat of Chief Whitecap Park near Saskatoon, Canada.
Novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome.
Your expert guide will identify the field marks of the wide variety of nesting songbirds.
A pair of binoculars may be borrowed during this tour, if available.
Some of the nesting songbirds that we should find in the woodlands of Chief Whitecap Park include Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Least Flycatcher, Eastern Kingbird, Warbling and Red-eyed Vireos, House Wren, White-breasted Nuthatch, Veery, Clay-colored, Vesper, Song and Savannah Sparrows, American Redstarts, Yellow Warblers and Baltimore Orioles.
Along the riverbank, we often spot Common Merganser, Killdeer, Spotted Sandpiper, Franklin's, California and Ring-billed Gulls, Common Tern, Purple Martin, Tree, Barn and Bank Swallows.
This tour is great for vision limited clients who wish to listen to a rich variety of bird songs.
- Presented By: Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Dates: 8/4/2023, 8/27/2023
- Address: Saskatchewan Crescent south, Saskatoon, SK, S0K 1V0
- Location: Chief Whitecap Park
- Time: 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Price: $45
- (306) 652-5975
- Website: https://livingskywildliferehabilitation.org/birding-tours/chief-whitecap/
- Facebook: https://fb.me/e/4kcqEa3B3