Join Meewasin in breaking the world record for the longest sidewalk chalk mural! Taking place on August 31st, 2019, Meewasin is providing the public with free chalk to fill a connected 6km x 2m section of the Meewasin Trail!
The whole mural must reflect a 'Meewasin Valley' theme. Some ideas of what to draw area: Animals, plants, insects, flowers, trees, river, community, people, birds, trails, recreation (canoes, running, biking, skiing) nature, flowers, etc. but in the end each drawing will be an interpretation by each chalk artist!
As a chalker, you'll need to register for either the 10am or 1pm start time associated with the area that you're interested in covering so that we ensure we have enough at each station!
On the day of the event, we'll have tables set up at each of these locations that you'll need to visit and receive chalk and some brief instructions.
6 Locations will serve as the registration and starting points of each section. These Locations are:
- Under the Broadway Bridge, in Cosmopolitan Park (East side of the river)
- Under the University Bridge (East side of the river)
- Top of the CPR (Train) Bridge (University Side)
- The Prairie Lily Site (West side of the river)
- Bottom of the University Bridge (West side of the river)
- Behind Meewasin Office in Friendship Park (West side of the River)