This B&B strives to become greener with each new initiative. Chemical free, low volume flush toilet, skylights, High-Efficiency washing machine, suggest Submarine Showers, and presently installing The Mantis, the world's most efficient fireplace. Raised ceiling over dining/kitchen/living room area. Two beautiful bedrooms with private baths. Art by local artists, piano, WiFi, 50" TVs, central air, soft water. Enjoy miles of walking trails & bird watching. Tour Innovation Place and the Synchrontron Facility at the U of S. Close to Royal University Hospital. Serving home grown and local produce, organic free range eggs, organic/ whole grain toast/buns. Heart healthy and gluten free options available. From $80.00. Your host: Donna.
The 3 sustainability-oriented actions that we're proud to have incorporated in our workplace are:
1. High-Efficiency Washing Machine
2. Low Volume Flush Toilet
3. High-Efficiency Fireplace-Mantis
Additional Comments: The above 3 actions have saved a lot of water at my B&B. Guests are encouraged to take "submarine" showers & to use environmentally friendly soaps.
THE THREE ACTIONS THAT WE INTEND TO INTRODUCE IN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS ARE:
1. Replace the broken Awning on the south roof.
2. Place stickers by light switches that say "Turn Lights Out"
3. Install Awnings on the West windows
Additional Comments: The south awning has kept the house very cool in summer & rarely did I have to turn on the central air conditioning.
Closing the blinds & verticals further keeps my B&B cool.
The three actions that we intend to introduce in the next 12 months are:
1. Install a water line that takes water from the kitchen sink to the garden
2. Install a new front door which seals better & install insulation below the sidelight.
3. Install timers on underground sprinklers.
Additional Comments: I hope to remove one-half of my present lawn & increase the garden size & plant more flowers, shrubs & trees to attract bees, butterflies & birds.