Saskatoon is the ideal location and destination for your next convention or event. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. Saskatoon has 800,000 square feet of state-of-the-art event space and over 4,500 hotel rooms (and growing!)
2. askatoon is listed on The New York Times list of 52 Places to Go in 2018 – a highly regarded international ranking of cities, regions, and countries that travelers should explore. Placed #18 on the list, Saskatoon is the only Canadian destination.
3. Tourism Saskatoon can assist with funding through the City of Saskatoon and offers incentive programs and event marketing assistance for your events.
4. Saskatoon’s newly renovated and award-winning international airport provides direct or one-stop service to over 240 global destinations, making the trip easy for people arriving from across the country and internationally.
5. With a walkable downtown, and only 15 minutes from the airport, delegates can experience the many eateries and shops in convenient locations.
6. The newly opened Remai Modern Art Museum has the most comprehensive collection of Picasso linocuts in the world. The Museum is situated along the South Saskatchewan River and offers breathtaking views.
7. Wanuskewin Heritage park is on track to become a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has been a gathering place for Indigenous people for over 6,000 years.
8. The Saskatoon region is considered to have one of the most diversified economies in Western Canada. Saskatchewan is also the home to the world’s largest producers of potash and uranium.
9. There are six dominant industries in the region including mining and energy, manufacturing, transportation, life sciences, construction and agriculture. Saskatchewan’s resources include oil, gas, and diamonds.
10. Saskatoon is one of the top biotechnology centers in the world, attracting over thirty percent of all biotechnology research spending in Canada. Saskatoon is also home to the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO), which is a global leader in researching the diseases that afflict animal and human health.